Now’s the time for you to buy a garden tractor to help you with your large property’s springtime chores. Do you know which garden tractor to buy? Do you know the difference between a garden tractor and a lawn tractor?
Then, you want to read this post that will cover
- Garden tractor vs. lawn tractor, is there a difference?
- The top three best garden tractor brands according to the experts
- The top seven best garden tractors for 2020
- How Brinly-Hardy residential lawn care and garden attachments work with your garden tractor to make property management a breeze.
Garden Tractor versus Lawn Tractor: What’s the Difference?
If this is your first time buying a garden tractor for your property, you may have seen these four terms on the internet:
- Garden tractors
- Lawn tractors
- Riding mowers
- Yard tractors.
Is there a difference?
Yes, there is, and it’s all wrapped up in horsepower (HP). Garden tractors are heavy machines that have between 20 –30 HP. Conversely, a lawn tractor or a yard tractor will only have between 15 – 25 HP. A yard tractor is built to mow lawns only.
Conversely, garden tractors will mow your lawn as well as pull lawn care and garden attachments, such as
Garden tractors will also do more than haul lawn care and garden attachments and mow your yard; they’ll also do the following jobs:
- Move snow
- Till a garden
- Fertilize, dethatch and aerate a lawn
- Spread grass seed and put down weed control.
Garden tractors also have a locking differential that riding mowers don’t have on their wheels. The locking differential helps you get unstuck if you’re working on a waterlogged section of your property, and the wheels get stuck in the mud.
When you want to get unstuck, you need to turn on the locking differential that slows down the rear-drive wheels. The wheels will now maintain even ground contact to give you more traction.
Lawn tractors, including ZTR mowers, are limited in scope because they’ll only mow lawns. If you have a large property, such as one acre or more, you will find that a garden tractor is worth the investment because of all the jobs it can do.
Plus, you can use your tractor throughout the year. You use lawn tractors and ZTR mowers only during the growing season when you have to mow the lawn.
The Top 3 Best Brands for Garden Tractors
While many expert websites will name many different brands for mowers that they recommend, it’s consistent across the board that Husqvarna and Cub Cadet are top contenders for best garden tractors.
The Top 7 Best Garden Tractors for 2020
Jake of Mowers Direct says, “Garden tractors are the tractors for towing. When you have large loads and hours of heavy-duty yard work ahead of you, they’ll help you handle the most demanding tasks.”
Four websites had their best tractor lists, including ones they recommend for 2020. Here are the four expert sites that shared their reviews for the best tractors for 2020:
None of these garden tractors was tested here at Brinly but came from websites that did reviews. Here’s the rundown of the best tractors for 2020 based on those reviews:
- Husqvarna Hydro Pedal Tractor Mower (960450057) has 24 HP and a 42” deck
- The Husqvarna 48” Deck with 24 HP Yard Tractor (YTH24V48)
- Husqvarna (YTA24V48) has a 48” deck and 24 HP
- Poulan Pro HP Petal Control 960420174 PB 24VA54 has 24 HP and a 54” deck
- Cub Cadet XT2 GT 50 Kohler Tractor has a 50” deck and 25 HP
- The Cub Cadet XT2 GX 54 D Kohler Garden Tractor has 54” deck and 26 HP
- Cub Cadet XT1 GT 50 Garden Tractor has a 50” deck and 25 HP.
How Brinly Residential Lawn Care and Garden Attachments Hitch Perfectly to Your Best Garden Tractor of 2020
It’s now time to discuss the best residential lawn care and garden attachments to use with your new 2020 garden tractor! Popular Mechanics says, “Attachments are a cost-effective way to turn a tractor into a property-management tool.”
And we, at Brinly, agree. Our selection of lawn care and garden attachments are designed to make your property shine. Our attachments span the gamut of lawn care and tilling equipment. We offer the following attachments:
- Ground engaging tools for your garden to help you rototill it every spring as well as complete other gardening tasks.
- Brinly’s lawn dethatcher to remove thatch that’s over ½” in your turfgrass.
- Our lawn sprayer hitches up to your garden tractor. It can apply liquid weed control, insecticides and liquid fertilizer.
- Brinly’s lawn sweeper helps you every spring and fall as well as time in-between. Our lawn sweeper will pick up pine needles, twigs, leaves, and other yard debris after a heavy storm or during fall and spring cleanups.
- Our tow-behind carts will haul your mulch, gravel, fertilizer, plant materials, and garden tools to every space in your yard.
- Brinly’s tow spreader will put down granular fertilizer, grass seed, pesticides, insecticides, fungicides, sand, and rock salt in winter for ice melt.
Of course, if you have a smaller property, we also have lawn care tools that you only need to push:
If you’re ready to invest in Brinly’s residential lawn care and garden attachments, purchase our products at these retailers. If you can’t find your favorite Brinly tool, call our customer service at 877-728-8224 or fill out our contact form.