After this year’s summer, are you ready to put in a lawn sprinkler system? If you have experience with plumbing and landscape design, you may want to handle your own lawn sprinkler system installation.
In this blog post, you’ll learn the top five brands for in-ground sprinkler systems. You’ll also be able to find links to their websites for design and installation instructions.
What You Need to Know Before You Install Your Yard Irrigation System
Many of the top brands for a lawn sprinkler system don’t come in ready to assemble kits. Instead, you must buy the parts listed in the user’s manual.
So, if you haven’t worked on a lawn sprinkler system installation before, you may want to contact a landscape contractor to install it for you. However, if you have experience installing a yard irrigation system, you’ll be able to design and build your system on your own.
Read more: How to Revive a Dead Lawn
Here are six points you need to know before buying your underground sprinkler system:
- The type of soil on your property – What type of soil houses your grass lawn? Is it clay, sand, or loam? The type of soil dictates how often you’ll need to water your lawn.
For example, water drains right through sandy soil, but clay soil has smaller particles that holds onto water longer. Loam soil is considered the ideal soil—it drains well, stays moist longer and allows grass roots to grow deep into the soil.
- The size of your lawn – Small lawns don’t need elaborate yard irrigation systems. Instead, you may get away with an above-ground sprinkler system. You may want to consider soaker hoses for your tiny backyard.
- The shape of your lawn – Your property’s shape determines what type of sprinkler heads you’ll use for irrigating your yard grass. Certain types of property shapes don’t work well with particular spray heads and nozzles.
- How much water you’ll use – You want to know how much water you’ll use because of your utility bill as well as knowing what type of irrigation system you need.
You also need to be aware of your water pressure. Will you be able to adequately push water through the underground lawn sprinkler to irrigate the back part of your property?
- The connectors you’ll use – If you want to avoid leaks, clogs and wasted water, you should use strong metal connectors.
Watch more: See how to assemble Brinly’s dethatcher attachment
- How much will you spend on your lawn sprinkler system installation? – Your budget dictates what brand you buy, how complex your lawn sprinkler system will be, as well as the design you choose.
Top 5 In-Ground Yard Irrigation Systems
There are five yard irrigation systems available at your favorite big box retailers. These brands offer DIY’ers as well as landscape contractors the irrigation supplies you need for a lawn sprinkler system installation.
These five brands include:
- Rainbird Lawn Sprinkler System: Rainbird provides you with User Manuals & Support, Free Design Service, and Free Contractor Referral.
- Hunter Industries Yard Irrigation System:The website provides homeowners with residential system design guide, spring start-up, winterizing your irrigation system, and finding a contractor.
- K-Rain Sprinkler System Solutions: K-Rain provides a web page dedicated to homeowners. This web page includes Manuals/Instructions, Video: How to Set, and a link for finding a contractor near you.
- Orbit:Orbit’s website provides you with an easy-to-use design tool to create your lawn sprinkler system. A parts list comes up instantly to show you what items you need to buy.
- Toro Sprinkler Systems:You’ll find Toro’s website dedicated to DIY sprinkler systems. Toro provides homeowners with a manual that shows you how to design and install your yard irrigation system.
Keep Your Lawn Looking Its Best with Brinly Lawn Care and Garden Attachments
While a lawn sprinkler system installation will save you money on your water bills as well as keeping your turfgrass green, Brinly’s Lawn Care and Garden Attachments help you work on your lawn so it’s healthy and thick.
Here are our lawn care attachments:
- Tow dethatchers
- Lawn sweepers
- Spike/plug aerators
- Lawn rollers
- Tow spreaders
- Push spreaders
- Dump carts
- Garden sprayers
- ZTR attachments.
You can find your next Brinly Lawn Care and Garden Attachment at any of these fine retailers. If you have questions about your Brinly Lawn Care and Garden Attachment, you can contact our customer service at 877-728-8224 or by filling out our contact form.
Source: TheHomeDepot.com, “Best Sprinklers for Your Lawn and Garden